In 2012, Blue Heron acquired a 92-acre parcel in Apex, NC. The site was targeted due to its location in an area with significant growth potential,strategically located along US-64 near the I-540 (Raleigh ‘Outer Beltline’) interchange which opened in 2013, and in an area that was likely to see a surge in development due to the advent of sewer as a result of a $330 million municipal initiative.
- Blue Heron successfully rezoned the property as a mixed use development, securing entitlements for up to 900 residential units and 550,000 SF of commercial development
- Market studies and extensive analysis were conducted to determine the ‘highest-and-best use’ of the land
- A team of land planners, engineers, and architects was assembled and Blue Heron master-planned the 92-acre site, creating a cohesive, yet unique, branding concept
- Blue Heron collaborated with single family, multifamily and retail developers in order to create a comprehensive development plan
- Blue Heron successfully sold the 92-acre parcel in December 2016